I went to Edinburgh,Scotland! Woop Woop!
One word to describe Edinburgh-"cool." Go visit if you ever have the chance because it will be well worth it.
The entire city has a similar style of architecture and is
based around a square at the town center so it makes for a really pretty place
to visit and is easy to navigate. Edinburgh has a really cool, young sort
of feel. People shop at nice stores and go to swanky restaurants yet it didn’t
feel too pretentious. All in all, a great vibe.
We spent one of our days in the Highlands of Scotland
looking at lots of lochs (lakes) and mountains. It was beautiful! AND, I rode a
boat on Lochness but unfortunately, I did not see Nessy the Lochness monster.
The clan culture of Scotland is really neat to learn about.
As a part of your clan, or family, your name and reputation hold a lot of
weight. We heard stories about things that clans did hundreds of years ago and
still in 2011 there are negative connotations for certain names because of
that history. I can only imagine if we all had enough foresight to think in those terms how much calmer the Square would be on a football game weekend...
Clans also have neat plaids and often have castles. Overall,
Scotland-I was presently surprised and I would go back!
Sad news from the trip-I spilled orange juice all over my
camera and it stopped working. So I have no pictures from the trip. BUT, I have
a friend who will rule the world one day and she was nice enough to be my
photographer and send these along! Thanks Jess!
And she has a really great camera and some solid photog skills so I really got lucky when it comes to spilling orange juice.
glamour shots by Jess
Scottish sheep
My mom and aunt are coming to visit Ireland next week and will be here through Thanksgiving! Then I'm off to Amsterdam for a weekend. Oh and somewhere in all of that fun, I need to finish up my academic work for the semester.
Cheers,
Chelsea



pictures are amazing...you should have told us you were going to edinburgh. ryan and i could have met you there.
ReplyDeletesee you soon-ish in dublin, though (probably february if you have a long weekend then).