So I've found lots of new ways to waste time here in Ireland. The main ways include reading a lot of style blogs and drooling over pinterest. These new procrastination techniques made me realize that my own blog is a little...serious. Irish history and social commentary, how could that be serious? I can hear the giggles now.
To get in the Christmas spirit, I thought I could throw out a few gift ideas. Anyone reading who wants to buy me these things, I won't complain. But really I thought this might be a fun way for me to pass along things that can keep on giving!
First, let me set the mood with some Christmas tunes by one of my favorites, THE Grace Potter. This gives Christmas music some sass.
For the style guru-Nisolo shoes
For all the Ole Miss readers out there you have probably already heard about Nisolo but I can't help but be in awe of the pretty shoes made by a cool company. I don't think there is a better way to explain Patrick Woodyard and his brainchild company than cool. Nisolo works to connect high quality leather shoes to American shoppers and in return puts the profit back in the hands of the artisans who made the the shoes in a small Peruvian village. It is an example of globalisation at its best.
For the music lover-Oxford American Missip' Music Edition.
First off, if you have never had the pleasure of reading Oxford American I hope this sparks you to start. How can anything with the name Oxford be bad, right? Well their annual music edition is especially good. What's really great is it comes with a full cd of most of the tunes mentioned in the mag and it has a special Mississippi focus this year. I haven't yet gotten a copy of this year's edition because they are surprisingly hard to find in Ireland but looking at the bit that's online it doesn't look to disappoint. The best part about this is you are supporting a pretty local publication that really highlights people who rarely get "highlighted." Let's help keep the music culture of Mississippi flourishing.
Maybe a lil stocking stuffer to go with this-The new Black Keys CD. Since I was on the topic of music, I had to add this quick plug in. Just a lil music love.
For anyone who knows me personally-Donation to the SCFP.
This should be no surprise. Who thought I would really go an entire three months without begging for money for the SCFP? Well I got close.
You've all heard this spill before but the SCFP is doing amazing work in the rural Mississippi Delta. They make a big impact with a small amount of money. I can guarantee you that whatever donation you send, it will be greatly appreciated. This organization changed my life and lots of others. I hope somebody might get inspired to help them, in whatever way, keep their doors open this year!
They are putting on a theater production at the BB King Museum in Indianola, MS on December 17th for anyone who is interested! I'll see yall there!
The last gift idea for anyone who might be reading-a plane ticket to Ireland! I love visitors!
This was fun for me. Thanks for reading!
Merry Christmas!
Cheers Yall,
Chelsea


No comments:
Post a Comment