Just to give everyone a quick run down of upcoming travel
plans…
My fall break is this coming week so I have a week off from
classes and I’m going to spend it doing a bit of traveling.
I’m starting off the week in the Northern Ireland (so I
officially have to cross a border, get new money, and enter the UK). A group of
us are heading to Derry/Londonderry. It is typically called Derry by people who
support the Republic and Londonderry by people loyal to the UK. Derry supposedly has one of the biggest
Halloween celebrations in Ireland. We have rented a cottage for a few days and
are looking forward to all the festivities.
(Halloween in Derry ends with a huge firework show over the river in the center of town. This is from Derry last year)
After a few days in Derry I’m planning on heading over to
Belfast for a day or two to see the sights of the city and drink a few pints
with friends.
(Northern Ireland. Londonderry and Belfast-here I come!)
I’ll head back south to immediately turn around and fly to
Edinburgh Scotland for the final part of the week.
So I’m not flying anywhere too far away but I’m excited to
see a few new sights.
I also put the deposit down today for a surf trip to Morocco
the final week in January. My middle school dreams are finally coming true! This is one of those trips that I don't will ever really seem real. Surfing in Morocco? Haha really? Yes really.
I’ll be away from the blog for a while, but I’ll be sure to
come home with lots of good updates!
PS. I’m living out another dream of mine on Halloween by
being Penny Lane from Almost Famous. I have a friend with an equal love for
Almost Famous so he is going to be William. Life is good.



No comments:
Post a Comment